Homepage | Turnrow Table | Easy Southern Recipes

 Homepage | Turnrow Table | Easy Southern Recipes

Oh, hi! I’m Samantha:

MOM + WIFE + SELF-PROCLAIMED RECIPE WRITER.
Hey y’all. I’m Samantha. I married into a very large and chaotic farming family. I’ve always been a writer at heart and have learned to cook along the way. Between my daughter, my husband, his farm workers, and his siblings, I always have a house full of people and there are NEVER any dull moments. And you know…I wouldn’t have it any other way! I started this blog as my creative outlet and to keep my sanity during all the hustle and bustle of my crazy life! Thanks for reading! Click to read more about me!

Explore more about bisquick waffles Hey y all! Welcome to Turnrow Table Here you ll find my easy, southern recipes that I cook daily to feed a houseful of farmers Glad you re here!

My Latest Recipes:

Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice:

If you’ve read my blog before, you’ll know I cook so many Louisiana-inspired recipes. My husband loved this easy crock pot red beans and rice. I typically make recipes like this on the weekend. I like to have the whole day to prepare and tweak my dish. However, I had bought the items to make this last week, and he had been pressuring me to cook it. So, that’s what I did!

This is my crock pot version of red beans and rice, and I think it’s my new favorite. All I did was brown my sausage and veggies, throw them along with a ham hock and red beans to the crock pot, filled it with enough chicken stock to cover it all and that was it. I cooked it on high for 4-5 hours, and they came out perfect. Cooking big dishes like this does not have to be hard! This was a perfect weeknight meal. Read along to see how I made this simple, crock pot red beans and rice!

King Cake Irish Coffee:

This King Cake Irish Coffee is one of my favorite Mardi Gras drinks. It’s so simple and easy to make. Like a typical Irish coffee, the only substitution is that I made my own cinnamon rendition for the Irish cream. Serve this in the morning, or for a night cap after dinner. It’s so good. Read along to see how I made this crazy easy Mardi Gras cocktail.

French Onion Soup Bowls:

These French Onion Soup Bowls are the perfect winter dinner recipe. I love soup. Period. This one is so rich and decadent and won’t cost you all the calories. I made my with the typical way with onions, sugar, salt, beef broth, and thyme. The thyme is the kicker of this recipe. It made it so savory have that extra pop of flavor.

Simple Roasted Pimento Cheese Pizza:

This not so typical recipe is the perfect southern twist on a traditional pizza pie. This simple roasted pimento cheese pizza is easy, doesn’t cause a mess, and delicious. Each bit is so savory yet has a hint of sweetness that will melt in your mouth. I opted for a traditional crust type for this pizza. They fluffy bite of the crust compliments the richness of the pimento cheese so so well. Please read along to see how I made this amazingly simple southern inspired pizza.

No Churn Cinnamon Ice Cream:

I love this no churn cinnamon ice cream. It is so rich and decadent. Plus, so simple to make. The creaminess of the heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk whipped together with vanilla and cinnamon make for an old-fashioned creamery style treat. Plus, the bite of chewy cinnamon cookie adds even more rich goodness to each bite (or lick). Read along to see how you can make this extremely simple recipe that resembles an ice cream parlor-like treat.

Maple Rice Krispie Treats:

I love these maple rice krispie treats. These are the perfect treat for any Fall function. The base of the recipe starts with the bold flavor from the brown butter. The rich cinnamon along with the maple extract is the perfect addition with the crunchiness from the rice cereal and granola. Add in some raisins for a fruity bite. These are super easy to make and will be gone in a flash. Read along to see how I made this easy autumn rendition on a classis rice krispie treat.

The Farm:

I met my husband when I was a sophomore in college. At the time, he was still in school and only farming a couple hundred acres while going to class. I loved escaping to the country to come ride the tractor with him. Fast forward ten-plus years, and here we are. Everything we do revolves around the farm. It’s perfectly cyclical. Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter for us are Planting, Watering, Harvest and Off-Season. In case you’re wondering, he farms corn, soybeans, and sometimes rice. Here are some pictures of around his farm.

Turnrow Talk:

I’ll be honest, I really did copy my blog name from a couple of guys that work at the farm. (sorry!) They have a series of TikTok videos called “Turnrow Talk” that they have posted during season for the last two years. Most of the time, my husband thinks they are idiots. Haha. We do make fun of them, but I will say that some of their videos are pretty cool! The one posting, Lucas, is one of the farmers I feed on a nightly basis. I’ve linked several of the videos below.

FOLLOW US:

https://www.instagram.com/turnrowtable/

Post a Comment

0 Comments